Mulberry have certainly been doing some revamping recently, from bringing back their vintage stamping to renovating their classics and ditching styles such as the Del Rey to make room for some new pieces. Mulberry has grown from strength to strength over the years and always seem to bounce back with new styles that quickly become a must have item.
As I buy Handbag’s for Handbag Clinic everyday I see a huge mix of Mulberry but nothing beats the Bayswater. Bayswater’s that come into our stores fly out with in minutes of being posted online or being placed on the shelf. The one photographed below was placed into our Newcastle store and sold in just 10 minutes!!! I’m sure the new sleeker, Celine esque Bayswater will be a huge hit.
If you are looking for a great quality, authentic, pre owned Mulberry (for roughly 50% less than in Mulberry) then keep you eyes on Handbag Clinic’s Facebook and Instagram, @handbagclinic . Bags will soon be available to buy online also so look out for that at the end of June.
In honour of the Bayswater’s new look here are some cool facts about how it came to be Mulberry’s most iconic bag:
- Mulberry usually named their bags after rural locations in England but the Bayswater was one of the first Mulberry icons to venture into the city. The name Bayswater is taken from an upmarket, leafy district of London.
- Mulberry was launched with just £500 in 1971 by mother-and-son team Joan and Roger Saul but the iconic Baywaster was designed by Nicholas Knightly who joined the company in 2002.
- The Bayswater’s was inspired by a practical Doctors bag and the stylish Hermes Birkin design. This hybrid perfectly mixes practicality and style making it the perfect modern woman’s bag.
- The Bayswater was crowned the first ever British “It Bag”.
- The Bayswater has been carried by a huge range of celebs, Kate Moss, Alexa Chung, Fearne Cotton and Michelle Keegan are huge Mulberry fans and have regularly been papped with a Bayswater on their arm. The bag has even made it stateside on the like of Lauren Conrad, Blake Lively and Emma Roberts
Love Lottie xxx